I have mixed emotions about the end of Spring Break. On the one hand, hooray for children going back to school! But it has been nice to have some family time. I hope most of you got to enjoy some family time as well.
Hard to believe that the end of school is 2 months until school is out. Things at the Creek will be busy. I'll try to keep you up-to-date!
Have a great week! If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
The Positivity Project: Integrity
WHAT IT MEANS
You are honest and speak the truth. You present yourself genuinely and sincerely.
WHY IT MATTERS
Integrity is vital to individual growth. It is correlated with a multitude of psychological well-being measures. Harmony in your feelings, thoughts, and actions makes you better
able to personally grow and achieve goals. Authenticity, and a lack of pretense, also makes you more likable and trusted by others, meaning your relationships will benefit.
On a group level, integrity is a cornerstone of high-functioning and sustainable teams, organizations, and societies.
Monday, April 9: Turn in Your March Fitness Calendar!
I hope your family had a great time completing the March Fitness Calendar from Ms. Graves and 2 of our awesome 5th graders. Remember to turn the calendar to your teacher on Monday.
Tuesday, April 10: PTA meeting and 4th grade drama performance of Go West!
Join us in the gym at 6:30pm. We will have a short PTA meeting that you won't want to miss. Our partners, the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, will be talking to us about our new school garden, which we are building April 24 and 25.
You can help by volunteering on our Dig days or providing supplies.
- Help your child’s class on a Dig day. To help the kids get excited about our gardens, classes will be visiting the build site on our dig days. Sign up for a 30 minute time slot to help: http://tinyurl.com/scesDigIn
- See our Garden Registry at http://tinyurl.com/scesGardenWishes. You don’t have to buy items directly from this list. These are just ideas of the items that we need.
If you have questions about our garden, please contact Nehal Outlaw, our Healthy Lifestyle chair, at email@example.com.
After the brief meeting, the 4th grade drama club and the Cougar Chorus will be performing "Go West!" The students, Mrs. Fallon, and Ms. Sutton have worked so hard on this. You won't want to miss it!
Thursday, April 12: Meet the New Principal of Dillard Drive Middle School
The new principal of Dillard Drive Middle School has been named, and she is anxious to get to know our families. You are invited to Coffee and Conversation with Mrs. Feldman on Thursday morning at 8:30am at Dillard Drive Middle School.
Mrs. Feldman will also be attending our May 8 PTA meeting, if you can't make this event.
Friday, April 13: School Spirit Day; Deadline for Yearbook Orders
- Whose class will have the most School Spirit for April? Encourage your child to dress in our school colors on Friday, and we'll find out.
- Friday is also the FINAL deadline for ordering a yearbook. If you ordered a yearbook, you should have received a receipt from me from the Swifty Cougar email address. If you did not receive an email, please contact me ASAP.
Order forms will go home in this week's Tuesday folders and are available from http://swiftcreekeswcpssnetptahtml.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/2/2/24227387/orderform_sponsorpagelastcall.pdf
Mark Your Calendars!
- Tuesday, April 17 5-8pm: Swift Creek night at the Chick-Fil-A in Crossroads Plaza. 20% of all sales will go to the school. We will also have $1 sundaes on sale and all of the money goes to the Creek.
- Friday, April 20 8am: Muffins and Movement with Mom in the cafeteria. More information coming home in Tuesday folders this week!
- Friday, April 27: Box Top collection day! Turn in your Box Tops and Coke bottle tops by this date! The class with the most points win a small prize and the teacher wins some classroom supplies!
- Sunday, May 6 at 3:00pm: Swift Creek night with the NC Courage.
- Friday, May 18 8am: Donuts with Dad in the cafeteria.
- Thursday, June 7 5-7pm: Join us on the field behind the school for a Swift Creek family picnic. More details to come!
End-of-Grade Tests! We need Proctors.
Attention 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents! Here is the end-of-grade test schedule:
- Friday, May 25: ELA (Grade 3) and Science (Coles: Grade 5)
- Tuesday, May 29: Math (Grade 3) and Science (Krauter: Grade 5)
- Wednesday, May 30: Science (Boyd: Grade 5)
- Thursday, May 31: Math (Grade 4) and ELA (Grade 5)
- Friday, June 1: ELA (Grade 4) and Math (Grade 5)
- Monday, June 4: Read to Achieve Test (Grade 3) and Make-Ups (Grade 4-5)
Sign up at https://tinyurl.com/EOGatSwift.
Accepting Nominations for PTA Officers for 2018-19
We are still accepting nominations for PTA officers for the 2018-19 school year. We are interested in nominations for all officer positions:
- Vice President
If you are interested or you would like to nominate someone, please contact Marie Dexter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elections will be at the May 8 PTA meeting.
Advocacy: Webinar about Healthy Snack Options
Last time I checked the session was full but you can sign up for the Wait List if you are interested.
The Healthier Generation Store with Amazon Business
Smart Shopping for Smart Snacks
Live Webinar: April 11th at 4:00 pm EST
Join us live for a chance to win one of ten $20 Amazon gift cards!*
Introducing the Healthier Generation Store with Amazon Business - making it easier to serve healthier products at your school every day.
The Healthier Generation Store takes the guesswork out of finding and identifying products compliant with USDA Smart Snacks in Schools Standards** – we have pre-vetted all items for you.
To help you get started, we are hosting a LIVE webinar on April 11th, featuring a demo of the store, Q&A, and more – plus, a chance at a $20 Amazon gift card! Space is limited so reserve your seat now!