What a beautiful weekend! I hope you are able to enjoy it.
If you are interested in volunteering during our garden dig days, the sign up sheet has been updated to include times for all the teachers. We also need supplies for the dig days, especially gloves, and kid-sized gardening tools.
Hope you and your family have a great week!!!
The Positivity Project: Love of Learning
WHAT IT MEANS
You master new topics on your own or in school.
WHY IT MATTERS
Developing a love of learning is highly beneficial for an individual. It means that they are intrinsically motivated to deepen their existing skills and abilities, or learn something
completely new. Since intrinsically motivated action is correlated with positive emotions, those who act on their love of learning may also have enhanced mental and physical health. Additionally, individuals who love learning have the desire and ability to overcome challenges, due to a sense of autonomy and control over their environment.
On a group level, love of learning is crucial. The best leaders (such as Benjamin Franklin and Nelson Mandela) have an insatiable desire to learn. And it’s only by learning and experimenting that we continue to grow.
April Newsletter Going Home on Tuesday
Check your child's Tuesday folder or get a sneak peak at http://swiftcreekeswcpssnetptahtml.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/2/2/24227387/apr172018_english.pdf
Tuesday, April 17: Swift Creek Night at Chick-Fil-A
20% of all sales will go to the school. We will also have $1 sundaes on sale and all of the money goes to the Creek.
Invite your friends, family and neighbors. Everyone is welcome!
Friday, April 20: Muffins and Movement with Mom
Start your morning with a muffin or healthy snack and your child and his and her friends. For those interested, you can also participate in some yoga movements.
5th Grade Graduation
Graduation will be Thursday, June 7 at 9:30am in the gym.
The 5th grade talent show will be later in the afternoon. Talent Show forms will be distributed to 5th graders on Tuesday. Please review this information carefully. Parent permission is required to participate.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Tuesday, April 24: The Big Dig. It is our building day for the new school garden. We still need supplies. Check out our Garden Registry at http://tinyurl.com/scesGardenWishes. Or volunteer to help at http://tinyurl.com/scesDigIn
- Wednesday, April 25: The Little Dig. Time to put in that dirt!
- Friday, April 27: Box Top collection day! Turn in your Box Tops and Coke bottle tops by this date! The class with the most points win a small prize and the teacher wins some classroom supplies!
- Sunday, May 6 at 3:00pm: Swift Creek night with the NC Courage.
- Friday, May 18 8am: Donuts with Dad in the cafeteria.
- Thursday, June 7 5-7pm: Join us on the field behind the school for a Swift Creek family picnic. More details to come!
End-of-Grade Tests! We need Proctors.
Attention 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents! Here is the end-of-grade test schedule:
- Friday, May 25: ELA (Grade 3) and Science (Coles: Grade 5)
- Tuesday, May 29: Math (Grade 3) and Science (Krauter: Grade 5)
- Wednesday, May 30: Science (Boyd: Grade 5)
- Thursday, May 31: Math (Grade 4) and ELA (Grade 5)
- Friday, June 1: ELA (Grade 4) and Math (Grade 5)
- Monday, June 4: Read to Achieve Test (Grade 3) and Make-Ups (Grade 4-5)
Sign up at https://tinyurl.com/EOGatSwift.