Oh my what a busy week! Second grade sound concert, PTA meeting, African American Dance Ensemble for the school school, basketball game, and Father / Daughter dance! We certainly have an active school!
This week seems to be a little quieter. Maybe you can get some rest before Read Across America week which starts Feb 26! ;-)
Hope you have a great week!
The Positivity Project: Review or Catch Up week
The calendar for the Positivity Project includes some make up weeks, in case a teacher feels that a topic needs more attention or school was missed because of weather.
This week, your child's teacher will review or expand on the character strength that he or she feels most benefits their class. Ask your child what he or she is learning about!
Monday is a Regular School Day!
In the original calendar for the school year, Monday was a Teacher Workday.
It is now a make up day for our January snow. Please arrive on time!
Turn In Your Box Tops!
The next collection of Box Tops will be this Friday! This is our last opportunity to get a BIG spring check from the program. Please turn in everything you have!
Wednesday: Away Basketball Game at Barwell Elementary
Our 5th grade team will be taking the court on Wednesday at 5:00pm at Barwell Elementary. Please come out and cheer on our Swifties!
Did You Miss It? Technology Purchase Approved at PTA Meeting
If you missed this month's PTA meeting, you missed one to remember. We approved spending $5009.77 to purchase 9 new ipads and 8 Chromebooks for our students. This technology will be in addition to anything that the county gives us this year (which they are supposed to do soon)
Thank you for your generous Fun Run donations and support we made this dream finally come true!
Read Across America Week is Next Week!
Read Across America Week starts next Monday! If you plan to attend the event at Eva Perry Library, please turn in your RSVP as soon as possible.
Here is the schedule for the week:
- Monday, Feb 26 -- Create a flyer telling us about your favorite book and why we should read it. Join us at Eva Perry Library from 4:30-6:30.
- Tuesday, Feb 27 -- Camp Out and Read. Wear your PJs and bring a flashlight for some extra reading time!
- Wednesday, Feb 28 -- Cat in the Hat Day! Wear a hat and bring your favorite Dr. Seuss book
- Thursday, March 1 -- Fox in Socks day! Wear your favorite pair of socks!
- Friday, March 2 -- Dress like your favorite character! Community Readers Day!
Naming Names -- Thank You for Making It an Amazing Night
The Father/Daughter dance was a big hit on Friday night! There are so many wonderful people to thank for making this an amazing night so at the risk of leaving someone out, I am naming names. Please thank these people for all they did to make it an amazing night.
- Mrs. Hoke who came up with the idea and was admin support
- Stephen Burkhalter (husband of Mrs. Burkhalter) for an incredible DJ experience!
- Carrie Fernandez and Amanda Pacio for some amazing decorating
- Jennifer Hayes and Robert DeSimone for the AWESOME photo booth, punch and decorating. (Pictures should be available in about a week.)
- Angel Wellborn, Kim Rich, Mrs. Beauchamp, Ms. Cillian for making the beautiful wrist corsages
- Megan Word and her daughter Aubrey for volunteering for crafts
- Natasha Kirby, Noah Burkhalter, Seth Burkhalter for volunteering during the event
- Delores Ragsdale for organizing the food and volunteers
- Nick Ragsdale for helping move some VERY heavy table
- Pam Myers, Carla Johnson, Erin Galloway, Dina Goembel, Elizabeth Worthy, Kristi Matthews for donating so much food and water! We had a great spread!
- Brian Dexter for letting our house become a disaster zone for a couple of weeks. (Even more than usual that is) :-)
It certainly takes a village to pull off an event like this! We hear your requests for a Mother / Son activity. We are thinking about it but need to recover a little first. :-)
We are looking for folks who are interested in helping with the PTA next year. Whatever your interest, we can find the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently seeking nomations or volunteers for these positions:
- President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer
- Reflections -- help foster a love of the arts for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders by bringing this program to our school! Time committment is in the fall and isn relatively small. You need to advertise the program and get our entries to the county competition one day in November.
- Fun Run -- our big fundraiser. Without this event, we cannot fund our PTA programs. Can you help?
Need help in the library!
Mrs. Wils needs volunteers to help shelve library books. Our Swifties are voracious readers and we need to get the books back on the shelves so the kids can find them!
If you can help, please contact Mrs. Wils at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Your Calendars:
- March 2 -- Early Release. School dismisses at 1:15pm
- March 9 - Spirit Night at Goldfish Swim School. Spots are limited so RSVP today.
- March 13 6:30pm: PTA meeting followed by 5th grade drama performance
- March 19-23: Book Fair Week
- March 22: International Fair / Family Night at the Book Fair
- April 17: Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A in Crossroads