- Volunteers are needed! It takes lots of help to make this a successful event for our kids. We need volunteers to help while each class is running, as well as help with set-up, clean-up, and throughout the day at the water/snack table. If you would like to help, please click on the following link to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c45aeae2ea46-cougar
- Send in your donations today or make donations online- We have a long way to go to reach our goal- Please send in your donations to help us reach it! Donations may also be made online from the Swift Creek website: http://swiftcreekeswcpssnetptahtml.weebly.com/cougar-fun-run.html
- Fun Run Schedule- Wondering when your child’s class will be running? Here’s the schedule!
10:10-10:55 1st grade
10:55-11:40 2nd grade
12:40-1:25 5th grade
1:25-2:10 4th grade
2:10-2:55 3rd grade
- Where does the Fun Run money go? Did you ever wonder exactly what the PTA does with the money raised for the Fun Run? ALL of the money goes back to the school and helps fund important programs that reach ALL students at Swift Creek such as:
- Cultural Arts – Approximately 4 assemblies are held each year which enable every student to experience music, art, and theatre outside of the classroom. Past years’ programs have included puppet shows, a brass band assembly, and visits from authors.
- Healthy Lifestyles – Students learn to make healthy choices through fun programs including Walking Wednesdays and Kids Cook Mondays.
- Funding for classrooms – with Teacher Allocations and Grade Level Grants for all teachers at Swift Creek.
- School Newsletter – sent home with students throughout the year to update parents on important dates, events, and items of interest.
- Agendas for 3rd-5th grade
- Reflections – Arts competition for students.
- Student Programs- Science Fair, Drama Club, Track Team, Safety Patrol
- Winter Fling & Spring Fling – fun events for students
- Fifth Grade Celebration
- Student Directory – distributed to each family that joins the PTA
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation – The PTA sponsors events during the year (such as Teacher Appreciation Week and Early Release Luncheons) to show the teachers and staff how important they are to our school.
Thanks for your support of our school and students- we can’t do it without YOU!