We hope you and your families are doing well and staying healthy. Just because we can't be physically together, doesn't mean we can't share a laugh together. This week, to celebrate that Humor is the P2 character strength this week, FaceBook will include daily posts of "puny" jokes.
We've had such an increase in posts lately, I thought I would share a general daily timeline for the posts:
- 5:30am Science Activity such as STEM Activity / Science Experiment
- 8:30am Story time with one of our Swifty staff
- 12:00pm Update from a specialist -- Art, Music, PE, or media, except Wednesday which is Brighter Together! Be ready to share your jokes or shouts outs!
- 4:00 Ms. Smith continues reading "Wonder"
- 5:00 For Humor week, "puny" jokes that you can share at the dinner table
Your PTA Executive Board,
Marie, Deb (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lauren (email@example.com), Delores (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Positivity Project: Humor
This week in the Positivity Project, the character strength is Humor. To help celebrate we will be featuring "puny" jokes on the PTA FaceBook page at 5:00pm. Maybe you can share these at the dinner table. ;-)
If you would like access to the resources, the first step is to fill out THIS FORM. We will send the e-mail addresses to P2 and they will be working on getting access to everyone.
***IMPORTANT: All email addresses should be either Gmail accounts or Google-enabled accounts. Any email address can be "google-enabled" but the owner may need to authorize the account through Google before access.
Wednesday: Start Your April Fitness Calendar!, Share Your Brighter Together on FaceBook
- Ms. Graves has created a DEAM (Drop Everything and Move) calendar for the month of April. She would love to see your pictures of activities!
- On Wednesday at 12:00, share your jokes in the Brighter Together post. Also be ready to share your shout outs to celebrate #OtherPeopleMatter.
Friday: 8-10am Food Collection at Macedonia Methodist Church
Macedonia Methodist is still collecting food items and activities for our Backpack Buddies. You can find the updated list of needs and ways you can help at
High demand items for April 3:
- juice boxes
- fresh vegetables -- potatoes, carrots, broccoli
- fresh fruit -- bananas, apples, oranges
- mac & cheese cups (microwavable)
- Chef BoyRDee
- Ramen Noodles
You can still donate online in these ways:
Sign Up for Camp Invention This Summer!
Camp Invention® is a nationally acclaimed summer program where STEM concepts come to life. Led by local teachers, this program has tapped into kids' natural curiosity since 1990, giving them the opportunity to become innovators through teamwork and immersive, hands-on creative problem-solving.
This summer, campers will explore flight with rockets and robots, learn the value of their creativity through hands-on activities, collaborate to help protect the Earth and design a sports complex!
At the end of the week, they will bring home their very own personalized robot! If you have questions, contact Camp Director, Mrs. Monica Coles at email@example.com.
Register for this year’s summer camp at https://tinyurl.com/scesCamp2020 Through March 31, use promo code CP25CAMP to SAVE $25.
Here are some resources from our awesome Swift Creek staff:
- Mrs. Chadwick's website for social & emotional learning
- Ms. Sutton's music site
- Ms. Graves' site, which includes a link to her YouTube channel with daily workouts
- Mrs. Wil's Media site
Here are some additional resources from Wake County Public schools.