Phew! What a busy week! Just a reminder that next week is a 4 day week, with a Teacher Work Day on Friday. Then we will have a much needed week off for Spring Break!
After that, students have only 47 school days until June 9, the last day of school! So much is happening between now and then. AND there are several ways that you can join in the fun!
Here are just a few:
- attend Dr. Barr's music class with your child during Music Together Week April 17-20. (See below)
- assisting with International Night on May 18. We need host families to make this event a BIG success. Sign up below.
- helping with Field Day on May 25 (sign up below)
- help with testing the week of May 29 (sign up coming soon)
If you have any questions, please contact any board member.
President, Marie Dexter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President 1, Sarah Wohldmann, email@example.com
Vice President 2, Jessi Andricks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer, Rebecca Simpson, email@example.com
Secretary, Tina Chadwick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights This Week
- Thursday, March 30 -- Pop & Play Celebration for our students
- Friday, March 31 -- Teacher Work Day. No School for students
The Positivity Project: Humor
Last Week of the Kids Heart Challenge!
You can sign up your student at www2.heart.org/site/TR?pg=company&fr_id=7561&company_id=389103
Weekly Wellness -- Run Club is BACK!!!
SAVE THE DATES BELOW!
SIGN UP SHEETS WILL BE PROVIDED IN TUESDAY FOLDERS.
Our Pop & Play Celebration is This Thursday!
The following message is from school counselor, Mrs. Chadwick.
Dear Swift Creek Families,
We are excited to announce a school wide incentive that will kick off on Tuesday, March 14th and will help us all focus on ROAR expectations from now until spring break. This incentive is called the POP & PLAY PARTY. It will be held on Thursday, March 30th, and here’s how it works…
Students will have the opportunity to earn Pop & Play coupons from staff members when they demonstrate ROAR expectations.
O-On the Path to Success
R-Remember Self Control
The Pop & Play coupons are very similar to our regular ROAR coupons, with the added purpose of students earning their way to the Pop & Play Party. Students will need to earn 12 Pop & Play coupons from March 14th through March 29th in order to earn the incentive. At the Pop & Play Party, students will have POPsicles and PLAY with their classmates outside for an extra 30 minutes.
Why 12 coupons? This is one coupon per day from the start of the incentive until the end, which is a very reasonable goal for all students. Keep in mind, students don’t have to earn exactly 1 coupon per day. They could get 0 one day and 3 the next. Once they earn 12 Pop & Play coupons, they will sign a chart in their classroom that says they’ve earned the incentive!
While we hope and expect that all students will get to participate in this incentive, there are some reasons that would exclude a student from participating. These reasons would include a student not earning 12 Pop & Play coupons and/or having disciplinary referrals during the time frame of the incentive.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher. We always appreciate your support and partnership and we look forward to celebrating our incredible students at the Pop & Play Parties on March 30th!
The Behavioral Health Committee
Thank You for a Successful Book Fair!
Events like these are a TON of work. For essentially a week, our Book Fair chair, Kristen Sherman email@example.com, puts her regular life on hold to make this happen for our students and staff. Kristen, thank you from our entire community for making this happen once again! You help us put big smiles on our students' faces!
Also, thank you to these amazing volunteers who jumped in to help. Every moment of time you gave was most appreciated. (And thank you to those folks who wanted to help, but just couldn't.)
- Janet Blomquist
- Tina Chadwick
- Jenae Delayen
- Jamie Harward
- Zoraida Fernandez Romero
- Deborah Killion
- Kelly Lazarus
- Jonathan Lazarus
- Sarah Lewis
- Abbie McAward
- Laura Monaghan
- Lisa Saad
- Kim Shames
- Kelly Tavares
- Heather Weiner
Congratulations to Our Yearbook Cover Winners!
The following are the runners up and will have their illustrations featured on the back cover.
1. Heath Fitch
2. Sally Duyck
3. London Richardson
4. Generous Mays
Everyone did a wonderful job on their artwork!
YEARBOOK needs your photos!
Last Week to Order Your Yearbook!
If you would like to purchase a yearbook this year, please use the link below:
Can't remember if you already ordered? Log in to TreeRing to find out or contact Yearbook chair, Lauren Nicholls, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit Night -- Flavors Ice Cream on April 13
On April 13, Flavors Ice Cream (in the Food Lion shopping center on Jones Franklin Road) will host Swift Creek for a yummy Spirit Night! A portion of all sales will be donated to the Creek. No flyer needed! Tell your neighbors and your friends!
April 17-20: Music Together Week
We Need You for International Night on May 18
We will have International Night again on Thursday, May 18 from 5:30-7:30. Again, this event will be on the field (because really it can't rain twice, right?)
We are looking for families to present about their countries, groups who might be interested in performing that night, games for the center of the field, and volunteers.
If your family is interested in presenting, sign up at https://tinyurl.com/scesInternational2023
If you know a performer who might be available, have games that we can borrow for the middle of the field, or want to help, contact Marie Dexter at email@example.com.
Field Day is May 25
Here are the times:
- K-2 10-11:30
- 3-5 12:30-2:30
Congratulations to our State SCience Fair Winners
Congratulations, Mark and George! We are so proud of you!!!!
We need You in the Pta Next Year
Here is the timeline for nominations and elections:
- Now - April: Nominating committee will be accepting nominations.
- In the April PTA meeting, the Nominating committee will present the slate of nominees to the general membership. Please note that nominations can continue to be accepted, but we must present the final list of nominees to PTA membership 10 days before the April PTA meeting. Any nominations that come in after that will have to be presented on the floor of the May PTA meeting.
- In the May PTA meeting, we will hold elections for PTA officers for next school year.
- On July 1, the new officers officially begin their term.
If you have any questions or nominations, please contact a member of the Nominating Committee.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED ON OUR SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH: APR. 18
Deadline Thursday: $25 Discount for Camp Invention
You can register for camp NOW and save $25 with the code WONDER25. This discount expires March 30, sign up at invent.org/camp TODAY!
Mark Your Calendars
- March 13-31: Kids Heart Health Challenge run by Mr. Hines
- Friday, March 31: Teacher Work Day
- April 3-7: Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 11 6:30pm: PTA Meeting
- Thursday, April 13 Spirit Night at Flavors Ice Cream
- NEW: April 17-20: Music Together Week. Attend Dr. Barr's music class with your Swifty.
- Friday, April 21: Teacher Work Day
- Tuesday, May 9: Early Release. School dismisses at 1:45pm
- Tuesday, May 16 6:30pm: PTA meeting
- Thursday, May 18 5:30-7:30: International Night on the field behind the school
- Tuesday, May 23 5:30-7:30pm Open House at 2600 Timber Drive (temporary space while Swift Creek is being rebuilt)
- NEW: Thursday, May 25: Field Day
- Monday, May 29: Memorial Day. No School for students or staff.
- NEW: Tuesday, May 30. EOG Testing begins
- Wednesday, June 7 9:30am: 5th grade awards ceremony on the field behind the school
- Friday, June 9: Last Day of School.