It is the last week before Winter Break. Can you believe it?
To help spread some holiday cheer, administration has created a spirit day for each day this week. Be sure to check out the information below to plan your wardrobe for this week.
- Monday, Dec 16 -- Holiday Sock Day!
- Tuesday, Dec 17 -- Flannel Day!
- Wednesday, Dec 18 -- Holiday Hat Day!
- Thursday, Dec 19 -- Winter Wonderland Day!
- Friday, Dec 20 -- Tacky Sweater Day!
For more information, see http://swiftcreekeswcpssnetptahtml.weebly.com/home/holiday-spirit-week-dec-16-20
Have a wonderful week and relaxing Winter Break!!!
The Positivity Project (P2): Self-Control
This week in the Positivity Project, students will be learning about self-control.
What It Means?
You have the ability to control your emotions and behaviors. You think before you act.
Why It Matters
For individuals, self-control helps them delay the short-term gain in pursuit of a greater, long-term success.
A group’s ability to demonstrate self-control often appears in the form of “self-monitoring.” This means that individuals demonstrate honesty with one another about successful group practices.
Monday: Holiday Sock Day!
Wear your craziest, coolest, and coziest pair of holiday socks!
Tuesday: Flannel Day
Wear your best flannel.
Wednesday: Holiday Hat Day & Yearbook Cover Entries Due
- Wear your best and brightest holiday hat!
- If your child is interested in entering a yearbook cover, entries are due on Wednesday. If you have questions, contact Yearbook chair Sarah Wohldmann at email@example.com.
Guidelines are available from the PTA website.
- And remember! The Cougar Counter is open on Wednesday mornings from 8:45-9:15. Items range from 25 to 50 cents. If you have questions, contact Helen Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday: Winter Wonderland Day and the Winter Glow Dance
Dress like a snowman or a winter wonderland so you GLOW bright at the Winter Glow Dance.
Here is the schedule for the Winter Glow Dance:
- 4th 10:50-11:20
- 5th 11:40-12:10
- 1st 12:30-1:00
- 3rd 1:15-1:45
- K 2:00-2:30
- 2nd 2:50-3:20
Friday: Regular School Day and Tacky Sweater Day
- Originally, Friday was a Teacher Work Day. However, this is now a regular school day to make up for a day missed for Hurricane Dorian.
- Show your holiday cheer today by wearing a tacky holiday sweater!
- Friday is also a Box Top Collection Day! The Box Top fairy will be visiting the classrooms to collect Box Tops and Coke bottle tops.
Science Fair is January 14
3rd, 4th, and 5th graders! The Winter Break is a great time to work on your Science Fair projects. Entries can be in the Experiment category or Demonstration category. Our top winners have the opportunity to go to the regional science fair.
For the registration form, project ideas, and more, see the Science Fair page on the PTA website.
If you have questions, contact Science Fair chair, Ashley Elliott at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Dec 23 - Jan 3: Winter Break. No school.
- Jan 6: Back to School!
- Jan 6-10: P2 Optimism
- Jan 8: Science Fair Registration Forms due; Cougar Counter open 8:45-9:15
- Jan 13-17: P2: Prudence
- Jan 14: Science Fair; 6:30pm PTA meeting and Science Fair awards ceremony
- Jan 20: Martin Luther King Jr Holiday. No school!