Thank you to everyone who attended and helped with the Father Daughter Dance on Friday night! A special Thank you to our very own DJ Burkhalter, who donated his time and LOTS of energy to help us have a rocking good time!
Moms, don't feel left out. We have a Mother and Son Game (K)night on the calendar for Friday, April 26. Start thinking about which board games you'd like to bring and share with your Swift Creek friends!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Positivity Project: Zest/Enthusiasm
What Does It Mean?
You approach life with excitement and energy. You energize people around you.
Why Does It Matter?
For individuals, zest and enthusiasm are easily identifiable and highly desirable personality traits. We feel good when we are energized by an activity or opportunity – and we like to spend time with people who are excited about life. Those who demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm are more likely to complete tasks and exceed minimum requirements as a result of their passion.
For groups, enthusiasm and zest are can be directly tied to high levels of success, happiness, and achievement. Enthusiasm is contagious. One person’s enthusiasm can
spark others to think, speak, and act with more energy and conviction.
Monday- Friday: Read Across America Week! Each day will have a different theme, so be on the lookout for the schedule below.
Monday: Cat in the Hat Day! Wear a hat & Bring Your Favorite Dr. Seuss book!
Let's kick this week off right! What is your favorite Dr. Seuss? I can't decide between the Lorax, the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, or the Sneetches!
Reminder: There is NO event in the library on Monday evening. This has been cancelled.
Tuesday: Whoville Hair Day!
Show off your crazy hair styles.
Wednesday: Lorax Mustache Day!
Wear your favorite mustache! Any Hercule Poirot fans out there?
SCES Basketeball at Barwell Elementary
This is our first AWAY game. It starts at 5:00 at Barwell Elementary.
Thursday: Fox in Socks Day!
Wear your favorite pair of socks! Just make sure they are CLEAN. ;-)
Deadline for Applying for Free or Reduced Lunch
Today is the deadline to see if you qualify for free and reduced lunch. If you think you might qualify at all, please apply. Not only does this program provide nutritious lunches to your student but our percentage of students who qualify determine whether we receive Title 1 funding for next school year! Apply today at
Friday: Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character
Who is your favorite character? Hermonine from Harry Potter? Winnie the Pooh? Sherlock Holmes? Today, your child can BE that character.
We will also have community readers in the school today. A reader volunteer will be in each classroom sharing his or her favorite book. Ask your child who visited their class!
Wake Up and Read Donations!
Thank you to everyone who donated to the Wake Up and Read book drive. We collected 554 books! The organizers of the program were so impressed at how much our school collected.
Do You Own a Small Business? Advertise in the Yearbook!
A great way to let Swift Creek families know about your business is to advertise in the Swift Creek yearbook. Your ad also helps us keep yearbooks affordable for our students to purchase.
We have a variety of sizes and price ranges. Check out this form for more information: http://swiftcreekeswcpssnetptahtml.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/2/2/24227387/2018_2019_sces_yearbook_ad_form.pdf
The deadline for ads is March 15! If you have questions, contact Kristy Pickurel at email@example.com.
End of the Year Activities
- EOG Testing window May 29-June 7 for all 3rd-5th grade students.
- Thursday, Jun 6 5-7pm -- Join us for a family picnic in the park! Bring your own dinner. The PTA will be providing popsicles and games!
- Friday, June 7 -- Field Day! Look for volunteer opportunities in a month or so! We need lots of parents to help on Field Day!
- Monday, June 10 -- 5th grade graduation, celebration, and Talent Show!
- Tuesday, June 11 -- Last day of school
Mark Your Calendars!
- Wed, March 6 5pm -- SCES Basketball at Creech Road Elementary.
- Friday, March 8 1:15pm -- Last Early Release of the year. School dismisses at 1:15pm
- Tues, March 12 6:00pm -- PTA meeting; Family Academy seminar -- Transitioning to Middle School. See RSVP flyer in Tuesday folders.
- Thursday, March 21 5:30-7:30 International Night and Family Night at the Book Fair
- Tues, April 23 5:30pm -- Family Academy seminar: Preparing for the EOGs. See RSVP flyer in Tuesday folders.