To me, October means fall and fall means lots of fun. Below is the schedule for next week. If you have any questions, please let us know!
Have a great week!
P2 (Positivity Project): Open-Mindedness
This week in the Positivity Project, our students will be learning about Open-Mindedness.
Watch this week's video (3 min) to hear what the kids are learning and reading, and some activities you can do at home.
Custodian Appreciation Week
Next week is Custodian Appreciation Week. Please thank Mr. White and Ms. Weathersbee for all they do to keep our school clean and safe for students and staff! They work so very hard every day!
Monday: Wear Blue
Monday, October 1st is World Day of Bullying Prevention and the month of October is National Bullying Prevention Month.
Wear blue on Monday to show your support for bullying prevention.
Tuesday: School Picture Day
We could still use a few parent volunteers to help. Sign up at
https://tinyurl.com/scesFall2018 or contact Delores Ragsdale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday: College Spirit Day
Show your classroom pride by wearing your favorite college's colors! The winning classroom will host Swifty the Cougar for a month and have popsicles! Last time, Mrs. Pearson's 1st graders won. Who will it be this month?
Fun Run Opportunities and Schedule
The Fun Run will be on Friday, Oct 12.
Check out the PTA website for the schedule.
Here are some ways that you can help:
- Turn in your donations ASAP. Here is the Fun Run packet and donation sheet. Currently we've raised $5000 of our $17,000 goal.
- Volunteer on the Day of the Event
- Provide oranges (cuties) for your classroom's snack
Mark Your Calendars:
- Oct 9 6-8pm: ELA Curriculum night. Rescheduled from Sept. Come find out what your child is learning in English Language Arts (reading and writing).
- Oct 10:
- 8:30am Walk or Bike to School Day. More info coming home soon!
- 9:30-12:00: For K, 1, and 2, a visit from the Swift Creek Fire Dept.
- Oct 12: Fun Run!